INSTALLATION PROBLEMS

All Support Requests related to Mighty Content Locker goes here. Any problems, questions, suggestions, post them here!

HOME ADDRESS

Re: INSTALLATION PROBLEMS

Postby FreeCashPro » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:53 am

I dapple in programming... Is it only the install script that needs that specific version of ionCube? (could I manually do what the install is doing?) Does the actual live working script need that specific version of ionCube? Is there any type of workaround that I may try, please?

Postby crispybohemian » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:08 am

FreeCashPro wrote:I not, them can someone / anyone suggest a rock bottom cheap host that DOES fine with this script? (I may have to purchase cheap hosting for just this script... ;-(

I have suggested, 1&1 is great. I use this at 99 cents per month (total of around $13 a year) for hosting that has everything you need for MCL, except for Cron. Best get EasyCron (it's free) for that.

It's already DIRT CHEAP AND CAN HOST YOUR SITE.
Just install it */subdomain and you're set.

Go to 1and1.com and click on NEW HOSTING. It should say starting at $0.99

Site Admin

Postby innozemec » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:45 pm

FreeCashPro wrote:I dapple in programming... Is it only the install script that needs that specific version of ionCube? (could I manually do what the install is doing?) Does the actual live working script need that specific version of ionCube? Is there any type of workaround that I may try, please?

huh what kind of crappy host is that.. to refuse to update Ioncube which takes no more than 2 minutes of work and is a mandatory tool for every server since years..

anyways, no, the whole script requires Ioncube loaders, it is not just the installer that needs it

Just get a cheap hosting somewhere.. as suggested 1and1, hostgator, dreamhost and etc.. x10Hosting.com is even free one.. but you need to login there from time to time to keep your account alive

Postby FreeCashPro » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:32 am

iPage has finally 'enabled' ionCube (so apparently it was disabled before - why? I don't know?) Now I'm getting this error from MCL "The file /hermes/bosoraweb184/b2234/ipg.xxxzxxx/incentelope.com/mcl/index.php cannot be decoded by this version of the ionCube Loader. If you are the administrator of this site then please install the latest version of the ionCube Loader."

..and iPage refuses to upgrade their ionCube even though I've already prepaid for three years of unlimited hosting: "Hello, Thank you for your reply. The ionCube loader version we support is 3.1.25. Unfortunately, it is not possible to upgrade the ionCube loader to latest version for a single account, since we are hosting on a shared platform. I will forward your suggestion to respective department. We'll try to upgrade it in our future server upgrades. But, there is no ETA. For any other queries, please feel free to contact us. We are available 24x7. "

Mighty Content Locker

Site Admin

Postby innozemec » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:22 am

FreeCashPro wrote:iPage has finally 'enabled' ionCube (so apparently it was disabled before - why? I don't know?) Now I'm getting this error from MCL "The file /hermes/bosoraweb184/b2234/ipg.xxxzxxx/incentelope.com/mcl/index.php cannot be decoded by this version of the ionCube Loader. If you are the administrator of this site then please install the latest version of the ionCube Loader."

..and iPage refuses to upgrade their ionCube even though I've already prepaid for three years of unlimited hosting: "Hello, Thank you for your reply. The ionCube loader version we support is 3.1.25. Unfortunately, it is not possible to upgrade the ionCube loader to latest version for a single account, since we are hosting on a shared platform. I will forward your suggestion to respective department. We'll try to upgrade it in our future server upgrades. But, there is no ETA. For any other queries, please feel free to contact us. We are available 24x7. "

well, in the previous replies you pasted it was clearly they run older version of Ioncube and in this message they clearly state they won't update it to latest available version. I don't see a point to try anything more on that webhost..

Postby addetpao » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:24 pm

hello.. my domain has expired and i want to get back to cpa. Please transfer my license to my new domain. I will send you a pm

Postby FreeCashPro » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:00 am

Hello Again,

OK, getting back to my issue where my current host iPage.com refuses to upgrade my IONCube on my hosting plan that I prepaid three years for. It looks like I'm stuck looking for inexpensive hosting that I'm sure will allow me to run the script. I already talked to iPage asking if they have ANY hosting plan that would fit the bill and they suggested their VPS hosting which is way too pricey for me at $25 a month for starters.

Can anyone please recommend a hosting plan which is below $5 per month that will for sure install and run this script without any problems. Any suggestions and guidance is truly appreciated. Thank you.

Postby FreeCashPro » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:15 am

Ok, continuing on from my previous post in seeking inexpensive hosting providers - I'm thinking of starting with the couple of free providers (x10, etc.) suggested way up there ^^^ and I want to test the free hosting account install before I upgrade the hosting. I'm not totally sure that they will provide hosting for my own domain name that I've registered the script with with the free hosting plan right off the bat. Will the script still install and operate (maybe limited, or with a warning?) on a domain that I've not registered it to temporarily?

While we're on that subject I'm assuming that the reason for registering a domain name to the script is for you to make sure that I'm only running one (1) install of the script. Yes, I'm have registered the script to one domain but what (if any) is the procedure for changing the domain that I have the script registered to? The domain I chose sounded cool at the time but now I look back and wonder what the heck I was thinking in specifying such a goofy domain name (lol) Thanks.

Postby danzig » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Hello, got the same problem as a user before. I run my own VPS.
PHP Sessions Directory is not writable! Ask Your Host Support to fix the Permissions of Directory: unix:/var/www/tmp/
This happends in whatever directory i set in "session.save_path" and regardless of the permissions and user-groups in folders.

I manage to install the script successfully, but i shows a whitescreen(no errors in logs), in mcl/index.php

Postby vovler » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:48 am

I can get Automation to work. I know there is a video but it didn't helped me cause I kept getting the same issue because, the default Asynchronous Ajax doesn't work (automation is not running fine), so I tried cron jobs, but I need to setup the PHP CLI path, as I saw none I went as asked a support guy to give it to me.
http://gyazo.com/a5104b0a8da48adf2200240e9ef473a3
I tried the path he gave me and the program says that it's the wrong path ..... is this something to do with permissions ? cause the Asynchronous Ajax its also not working

PreviousNext

Return to Support Tickets