Configuring POSTBACK

All Support Requests related to Mighty Content Locker goes here. Any problems, questions, suggestions, post them here!

HOME ADDRESS

Re: Configuring POSTBACK

Postby siojowebassets » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:32 pm

I am using adworkmedia.
Followed the instructions in the postback url guide.
Tested it in adworkmedia if the postback is working. It is ok.
But I am getting this.
Asynchronous is my automation.
I can't use cronjob coz my hosting dont allow to mess with my php thing.

Please help me.Thanks. Offers are not crediting.

Indexification.com

Site Admin

Postby innozemec » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:36 pm

Well, the stats you pasted look fine to me if looking only at them. They show you have clicks and pending completion offers, but none of those offers were completed.

When you look in your AWM stats do you see completed offers reported? If yes, then there's something wrong in the postback, but if there are no completed offers recorded in AWM then simply none of those users completed an offer

edit: do not worry about the cronjob, it has nothing to do with the stats reporting or interfere in the operation of the lockers..

Postby siojowebassets » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:13 pm

So, pending offers are nothing? Thanks man
I don't see anything converted yet from the offers I put there.Only a redirects no offer show

Site Admin

Postby innozemec » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:24 pm

siojowebassets wrote:So, pending offers are nothing? Thanks man
I don't see anything converted yet from the offers I put there.Only a redirects no offer show

Pending offers are just for informational purpose.. I added that to be visible mainly for debugging purposes and for people to be seeing if everything with the clicking on the lockers to be fine..

Mighty Content Locker

Postby hellnation » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:07 am

Hello,

I have a question regarding the Postback method.

Supposed you have a whitehat site that I use as my front. I cloak all my offers and spoof the referer.

So traffic coming from my whitehat and blackhat sites needs to look the same.

For example, for Max Bounty, you say to add: &s1={subid} at the end of the offer link.

Now will MCL send exactly "&s1={subid}" to the CPA company?

Or will MCL add or change this string when passing the traffic to the CPA company?

Of course referer and the offer link need to look the same on the whitehat and blackhat site when they connect to the CPA company.

The cloaking is not a problem, I just need to know what MCL does to those strings, if they change at all.

Let me know!

Cheers.

Postby addetpao » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:55 am

I think I didn't configure something correctly here especially the postback feature. here's my mcl stats:

On the postback instructions, it says:

Go to Your AdWork Media account and click on Tools->Postback Services from the top navigation menu.

Scroll down the page till You see a form saying Add New Postback URL. Type MCL Postback for the Name field and in Add New Postback URL: field paste the following URL:

http://mymclurl.com/adworkmedia.php

But on the Settings --> Configure page it says:

Postback URL

http://mymclurl.com/pb.php?key=0bf5d74c0e89798e8caa1d215b41f157

This is the Postback URL at which MCL will receive notification for completed offers from CPA Networks.

You need to place this Postback URL in Your account in the CPA Networks to receive completed offer notifications!

Which of the two should i really use?

Then You need to add the following code to the end of Your .htaccess file, found in the main MCL installation directory:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} sid=(.*)
RewriteRule ^adworkmedia\.php pb.php?key={POSTBACK_SECRECT_KEY}&subid=%1

I know this might be a stupid question but I just wanted it to be clarified, I should be replacing the POST_BACK_SECRET_KEY part above to the Secret Key generated on Setting ---> Configure page right?

http://www.adworkmedia.com/go.php?camp=1234&pub=1234&id=1234&sid={subid}

I'm also confused on this part, do I need to replace {subid} to some sort of value I can find in AWM or is it supposed to actually be just "{subid}"?

Also, I noticed in AWM, I was able to generate 2 leads while I was already using MCL, but MCL stats didn't show the 2 leads completed. Is it because my postback settings are incorrect?

Sorry for these questions as I'm really new to using content lockers. I've been using AWM content locker and it was working well with me.

Postby siojowebassets » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:48 am

It showed me a lead.
But, MCL is not showing it.
I know a lot is having some problems with this.
Can you please make a video how you so this?
Thanks a lot.

and also, i wonder what this is -> http://mydomain.com/mcl/adworkmedia.php
I checked it. i don't have it.
Should we make it first or not? :?:

Site Admin

Postby innozemec » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:07 am

hellnation wrote:Hello,

I have a question regarding the Postback method.

Supposed you have a whitehat site that I use as my front. I cloak all my offers and spoof the referer.

So traffic coming from my whitehat and blackhat sites needs to look the same.

For example, for Max Bounty, you say to add: &s1={subid} at the end of the offer link.

Now will MCL send exactly "&s1={subid}" to the CPA company?

Or will MCL add or change this string when passing the traffic to the CPA company?

Of course referer and the offer link need to look the same on the whitehat and blackhat site when they connect to the CPA company.

The cloaking is not a problem, I just need to know what MCL does to those strings, if they change at all.

Let me know!

Cheers.

MCL replaces &s1={subid} to something like &s1=3432rfsdfv3345
thats an unique ID generated on each locker display

Site Admin

Postby innozemec » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:20 am

addetpao wrote:I think I didn't configure something correctly here especially the postback feature. here's my mcl stats:

On the postback instructions, it says:

Go to Your AdWork Media account and click on Tools->Postback Services from the top navigation menu.

Scroll down the page till You see a form saying Add New Postback URL. Type MCL Postback for the Name field and in Add New Postback URL: field paste the following URL:

http://mymclurl.com/adworkmedia.php

But on the Settings --> Configure page it says:

Postback URL

http://mymclurl.com/pb.php?key=0bf5d74c0e89798e8caa1d215b41f157

This is the Postback URL at which MCL will receive notification for completed offers from CPA Networks.

You need to place this Postback URL in Your account in the CPA Networks to receive completed offer notifications!

Which of the two should i really use?

Then You need to add the following code to the end of Your .htaccess file, found in the main MCL installation directory:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} sid=(.*)
RewriteRule ^adworkmedia\.php pb.php?key={POSTBACK_SECRECT_KEY}&subid=%1

I know this might be a stupid question but I just wanted it to be clarified, I should be replacing the POST_BACK_SECRET_KEY part above to the Secret Key generated on Setting ---> Configure page right?

http://www.adworkmedia.com/go.php?camp=1234&pub=1234&id=1234&sid={subid}

I'm also confused on this part, do I need to replace {subid} to some sort of value I can find in AWM or is it supposed to actually be just "{subid}"?

Also, I noticed in AWM, I was able to generate 2 leads while I was already using MCL, but MCL stats didn't show the 2 leads completed. Is it because my postback settings are incorrect?

Sorry for these questions as I'm really new to using content lockers. I've been using AWM content locker and it was working well with me.

Hello there, follow the exact instructions in the "Postback Instructions" , nothing else is needed.

The Postback URL listed in "settings->configure" is the main MCL Postback URL.
In the "Postback Instructions" there are detailed instructions how to setup correctly postback for the different CPA Networks as for each network there are specific things..

You don't need to do anything with the {subid} you need to place it as is. The instrunctions are an exact match what you need to input.

Actually i now saw a small issue in the Instructions i made.. I forgot to make the script auto put your secrect pass in the htaccess code

In the htaccess code simply replace {POSTBACK_SECRECT_KEY} with your secret pass MCL generated..
I will fix that to be auto replaced for next version

I will get some videos recorded by tomorrow.

Site Admin

Postby innozemec » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:22 am

siojowebassets wrote:Image
It showed me a lead.
But, MCL is not showing it.
I know a lot is having some problems with this.
Can you please make a video how you so this?
Thanks a lot.

and also, i wonder what this is -> http://mydomain.com/mcl/adworkmedia.php
I checked it. i don't have it.
Should we make it first or not? :?:

well, did you followed the exact procedure for AWM as explained in the "Postback Instructions" ?

PreviousNext

Return to Support Tickets